Today, we’re going to go through the 5 essential keys to a successful and reusable marketing campaign launch. Once you have these basic 5 essential keys down, you can use them over and over again.
The 5 essential keys are:
- Define your Unique Selling Proposition (USP)
- Put an effective sales offer to work
- Avoid marketing pitfalls
- Use a world-class marketing perspective
- Implement and get results!
We’ll go through each one of these, so you can see exactly how to use them and how they can all affect the overall outcome of your marketing campaign.
Define your Unique Selling Proposition (USP)
Take the time to ask yourself some questions from the perspective of your potential customers/clients. What would it take to get their attention? What needs do they have that you can supply? What are the promises they want fulfilled?
Once you know the answers to these questions you can start putting together a plan to meet these needs. Then take a look at what USP your competitors are using to help you develop your own USP. Your USP is what you are “promising” your customers/clients. This is what’s going to set you apart from your competition…
Put an effective sales offer to work
To develop an effective sales plan, you need to:
- Put together a bold headline that gets immediate attention.
- Share the benefits of your products/services, speaking to your customers from their perspective.
- Identify the specific needs met by your products/services.
- Make it easy for customers/clients to do business with you, by removing the risk, offering guarantees, exceptional value and reducing the barrier to entry.
- Share your specific sales proposition, unique to your product or service.
- Walk your customers/clients through how they should respond and act.
- Motivate with a call to action.
What this all means is, you need to devise a plan that makes your products/services special and compels customers to buy. If they don’t feel like they NEED your product, they won’t buy. Your product or service needs to answer a question, solve a problem or feed an obsession.
You must provide them with all the information they need to make an informed and confident decision. Buyer’s remorse is one of the worst things that can happen.
Avoid these marketing pitfalls
There are 5 major marketing pitfalls many businesses fall into that you should avoid:
- Ignoring market tests and pushing on with an inaccurate plan.
- Offering an incomplete case or reasons to buy throughout your marketing plan.
- Failing to notice the needs of your prospective customers/clients.
- Failing to diversify your marketing options.
- Failing to get market opinions on your offers.
These are all marketing areas you should avoid. If you’ve been working through our lessons, avoiding these pitfalls should be easy and natural.
Use a world-class marketing perspective
A World-Class marketing perspective is vitally important, especially if you want to attract customers/clients from all over the world. You can do this with a number of different techniques, strategies and activities:
- Keep a marketing journal and scribble down anything innovate you see.
- Keep encouraging your marketing department, or yourself, to try new things and dump the ones that aren’t working.
- Order from your own company under a different name and analyze the process of ordering, shipping, your online store, customer service and the products themselves. This will show you exactly where the areas for improvement are in the customer experience.
- Read every quality ad you find and keep a file for future ideas to consider.
- When out in public, watch how consumers behave in different situations and how they consider their purchases.
- Step down a notch or two and work on the front lines with your sales and customer service staff.
- Continuously acknowledge your staff, vendors and customers. Thanking them often, so they know they are appreciated.
- Always listen to feedback from employees and customers/clients.
- Continuously test markets, ads, and marketing techniques. This is the only way to stay successful, know exactly what’s working and more importantly, what’s not.
- Offer more information in your marketing than anyone else does. The more information you offer, the more products/services you’ll sell.
- A great marketing plan can only get better. Continue to fine tune and refine your marketing plan, based on testing results plus feedback.
- Be classy in your marketing. Make sure your marketing/advertising fits your company image, brand, products/service and quality.
- Improve your best marketing areas and drop those that aren’t working.
- Focus on what you say, not how you say it. The best marketing ideas turn into the best marketing, naturally.
- Develop all your ads, campaigns and sales materials with an attention to compelling factual information.
By using these techniques you can put your name out there to the world and become one of the top brands in your industry.
Implement and Get results!
The last area we are going to talk about is your best-satisfied customers. If your customers aren’t satisfied, you’ve wasted all your marketing resources and all chance of positive word-of-mouth advertising. You can satisfy your customers by:
- Providing quality products/services
- Providing high quality customer service
- Providing a low-pressure highly informative sales experience
- Taking all the risk away by offering a great guarantee
- Build your database with a contest.
- Do regular mailings with sales, discounts, or other incentives.
- Find other creative ways to keep your current customers coming back for more.
“As long as the reward is directly related to your product or service, you can’t lose. Why not get started today? It’s so simple, seldom done, and it’s so profitable. And that’s the bottom line.” Jay Abraham
It is so simple! So, why aren’t you starting today? Need help?
We can help you put together a great marketing plan that will get you results. Guaranteed