It’s extremely important to build relationships with your vendors and those around your vendors circle.
They can bring you in new customers/clients and increase awareness of your company branding.
The people you work directly with on your products and services are really the ones
that have the most to gain when you find success. By taking the time to get to know them,
you’ll find a whole host of opportunities you didn’t realize were there.
Look for great ways to offer your vendors rewards for helping you grow your business and
everyone wins. One of ways you can do this is by offering performance based incentives
that are much larger than their normal charges.
Here’s the step-by-step process for putting together a partnership with a vendor:
1. Approach all the vendors you work with and offer an incentive based on
2. Put the generous incentive plan together from their perspective, even take
3. Develop a clear, concise and easy to track incentive plan, this will increase
competition between vendors and therefore increase performance levels.
4. Encourage and offer a better bonus for subsequent sales instead of focusing only on the initial sale.
By doing this you can give away more of the profit from the initial sale to your vendors
and make higher profits off the back end products.
• Future sales
• Up-sell, better and more profitable products and/or services.
• Cross-sell to additional products
5. Create an incentive plan that’s irresistible to your vendors by offering generous,
Think of all the vendors you work with and the creative ways you can put together an
incentive plan that entices them to be part of your business. Use their talents,
capabilities and connections and you’ll both be winners.
Putting together an incentive plan doesn’t have to be a complicated process. If you’d like my help
in coming up with some great ideas and putting your incentive plan together
for maximum results schedule a call with me.